Thursday, August 15, 2013

Excerpt from my new book, Alyssa


Available now on: Amazon.com and Kindle edition



After dinner I tried to help clean up the dishes, but Van refused to let me. He said he would just put them in the dishwasher anyway.

I followed him to the kitchen and watched him load the dishes up. I guess I was a bit too close behind him because when he turned around, we bumped bodies. I turned red because I could feel my cheeks burning.

Our faces were inches from each other. We stood there for a second and then Van put his arms around my waist. He pressed his lips against mine. My first real kiss. There were those butterflies again, but much more. Skyrockets, and electric shocks invaded every inch of my body.


I had never felt anything like this before. Suzanne and I would giggle at HBO movies when actors had sex. We even wondered what we would do with our noses and if we had to hold our breath during a kiss. I was glad to know I did not. It all just fell naturally into place, like it was meant to be.

We kissed for a very long time. Then Van stepped back and said: “I would suggest we go for a night swim, but I forgot to tell you to bring your suit.”

“I can wear my bra and panties. Bikinis aren't much more than underwear anyway. Mine even match.”

Again, where in hell did that suggestion come from? It just popped out of my mouth before I could stop it.

“Well I don't want to embarrass you or anything. Are you sure you are OK with that?”

I was a bit nervous, but I didn't want to come off as a kid about it. I nodded my head, yes, hoping I looked confident in my answer.

“Well, OK, I can wear my boxers if it helps you feel better. That OK with you?”

Again, I nodded, hoping my lack of confidence wasn't showing.

 “I'll kill the lights in the house, except for one dim one. Also the outside light. That way neighbors can't see us, but we should be able to see in the water just fine. We can strip our clothes off on the shore.”