Friday, April 20, 2018

People are annoying anymore and here's Why



I was pondering, one day, that maybe I'm just becoming a cranky person, the older I get.  It has become increasingly annoying to deal with people in 'modern society' anymore.  But then I realized that in this day and age of technology, people have become quite annoying and it's not my imagination. 




I feel like I'm living in the movie: 'Dumb and Dumber' and here are just a few reasons why.  We recently posted an item for sale on Craig's- list.  We posted: "No texts, phone calls only, please."  So people insist on sending a text anyway.  One person's response? "People text these days because it's easier."  Easier?  How is having to spell out words (which, by the way, no  one spells correctly anymore anyway) than picking up a phone and actually talking?  Stupid reasoning.

Let's talk the hiring situation these days.  Recently I've seen so much legalized discrimination, it's becoming pathetic.  How do I know this?  Well you tell me.  Example:  A person close to me recently sent out their resume to a company.  A day later, some woman calls leaving a voice mail saying: "I was looking over your resume.  I'd like you to call me because I have a couple questions and maybe see about setting up an interview."  So the person seeking a job calls back, no answer, he leaves a voice mail and no return calls.  He then calls the 'office number' where said woman claimed she can be reached and she is conveniently 'at a meeting, but will call back between 2 and 3:30'.  Right! No return call and the person seeking a job said:  "Well she heard a male voice and is Now brushing me off."  I have to say, he is probably correct.  For one thing, the hiring people, who are in charge, these days are so damned inept, the think they will find the perfect fit for any job.  Back in the day, if a person held a similar position, they were qualified for the position.  But now, hiring people are seeking purple unicorns that do not now, nor will ever exist.  Worse yet, I've talked to many people who say the person hiring for the company they work for, claim "No one wants to work anymore.'  Bull shit!  The hiring people are as lazy a bunch as they come. 

We go to family and friends parties and gatherings.  Guests used to be happy to see one another.  Now?  Well they bring cell phones and laptops and if you don't have a square face with writing across it, you get ignored and people are downright rude.  I'm also damned Tired of listening to other people's conversation in restaurants but Still they insist on yelling into their cell phones.  'Shut the hell up!"  




I'm not surprised, because the technology touted to be 'helping us' has Now become a crutch so people stay dumb as hell.  No one reads anymore, so no one knows history.  They tend to believe the crap spewed on the Internet, which is nothing but some one's misguided opinion.  We do not have famous news people anymore either, who Really report Real news, because everyone has Some sort of butt hurt they are babying and cannot handle reality.  Example:  We were walking in the mall one morning, when some young lady was jogging and pushing a stroller.  She came within two inches of hitting me in the back of my leg.  My husband made a comment about watching where she is going.  That bimbo (Yes, 'bimbo') had the nerve to approach us with a card about 'hurtful words.'  I said: "If you had hit my legs, the air would have turned blue.  There would have been a string of 'hurtful words.'  

So I'm convinced it's not me, society is becoming increasingly annoying.  Where are the Real people?